Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

What are the risks involved in being willing to see a psychiatrist

Customer Question

What are the risks involved in being willing to see a psychiatrist to have a diagnosis for psychopathy confirmed?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

What exactly do you mean by the term psychopathy?

And what do you mean by risks?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wow, OK...I mean exactly that...psychopathy. Not heard of it before? No emotions, able to switch empathy on and off...generally it's off and turning it on is a conscious, deliberate effort, etc. By risks I mean that I have a family and as far as I know I am a high functioning psychopath, not one who wonders around at night, lurking in the shadows and brandishing an axe...or spooning people's brains and whatever other stereotypes. DSM speaks of sociopathy because it missed the call to insert psychopathy in the 50's...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
answered with questions! what a con!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Cecile. It's not that I'm not familiar with the term psychopath but that term encompasses several psychiatric disorders. So you've self-diagnosed yourself as a, I assume sociopath?

And you really didn't tell me what you mean by the risks?

And I'm not trying to con you but we need some common ground here and that takes a give and take discussion