DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I don't know whether I should be posting in the physical

Hello. I don't know whether I should be posting in the physical health area as well, but,
for almost a year now I have been suffering from Depersonalisation Disorder - For the second time in my life, only this time, due to unwillingness (or so it seems) my local mental health team have been very little help. Therefore I have come to a place where I feel like I am delirious all the time. I now have eye focus problems and other aches and pains in my body. However, I get slightly nearer to feeling normal when I walk round the house, or the first 100 yards outside (after that I go back to confusion again). My question is, why would only small amounts of movement, not full exercise and not even raising the heart rate, do this? I wonder if I should ask to see a neurologist? Anyway, I hope some of that makes sense. Thank you.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
The episodes of derealization in this disorder are highly individualized, and why one person will have a specific symptom as opposed to others is not understood.
As to your neurology questions. Yes, anyone with such a disorder should have had a neurological exam, and any appropriate workup. A neurologist would be the most trained to do this.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.