Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I'm 23 years old, I've lost my sex drive, i can't keep an

Customer Question

I'm 23 years old, I've lost my sex drive, i can't keep an erection.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

It will help if you could provide some further information.
How long has this been bothering you?
Are you having any other symtoms with this?
Are you having any increased stress/anxiety or depression?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For around 3 months now, yes I get very dizzy which according to my gp is a inner ear infection, yes I've had a lot of stress lately, I was having sex before but now I've settled with a new partner and don't want it to seem that I've lost my sex drive.
Is the dizziness getting better?
Are you taking medicines for the inner ear problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I'm taking cyclizine, it's just happened literally 2 weeks ago, I've been feeling so dizzy but managing to not fall. I have slept with a lot of women, performed fine (in the past) etc. Now all of a sudden just complete loss of sex drive, as in my penis gets erected but is still sort of not fully erect and that's causing a problem for me.
If the dizziness and inner ear problem only started two weeks ago, then it would not likely be associated with the low sex drive and erectile dysfunction that has been present for 3 months.

A low sex drive and erectile dysfunction can occur as a primary condition or secondary to other illnesses. In a 23 year old, it is much more common for these symptoms to be a secondary problem.

A primary problem that can occur in a 23 year old would be a low level of testosterone, but this is not very common. There are certain physical illnesses that may directly affect sex drive and erectile dysfunction, including thyroid disease or adrenal dysfunction.

In a 23 year old, it is much more common that a low sex drive and erectile dysfunction will occur secondary to something else. It can be a non-specific response to any significant physical illness, but the inner ear condition could only cause the non-specific response if the inner ear problem preceded the onset of the low sex drive and erectile dysfunction.

These symptoms also can occur secondary to increased stress/anxiety or depression. If you have been under a large amount of stress lately, that could easily be the cause of the symptoms.

In this situation, it is appropriate to see your doctor to perform an assessment for physical conditions that can cause these symptoms. Your doctor also can prescribe medicines to help erectile function, such as Viagra or Cialis. These medicines have been shown to help whether the problem is a physical illness or secondary to stress/anxiety or depression. Alternatively, it also would be reasonable to try home interventions to relieve stress to see if the sex drive and erectile dysfunction improves. This can be done by increasing regular aerobic exercise, yoga, or controlled breathing exercises. If these interventions are not sufficient, then you doctor can also consider medicines to help ease stress/anxiety.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also one last thing, on my testicles I have a sort of pimple there, which has been there for quite a while now, it's probably full of puss, I don't want to touch it myself or is there some sort of thing I can do to remove it ?
If it is relatively small, it may respond to an over the counter antibiotic ointment. Soaking in hot bath water also may help to facilitate drainage. But if it is larger, it would be more important to drain any pus and it may require oral antibiotics.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it's relatively small, what would you reccommend over the counter as such?
Neosporin or the generic equivalent would be fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I use this ?
The instructions should be on the box, but it can be applied 2-3 times daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just regarding the cream is there any other cream which I can get over the counter as I can't get this one anywhere.
Any topical antibacterial product would be fine, such as Brulidine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, is this to get rid of the pimple on the testicle?
Yes, along with the soaking noted above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi is savlon ok?
Yes, this would be good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I started to pick at it, it sort of hurts, could I remove the puss myself or let the cream do that? I tried to remove puss but it was not happening, How long does it take for it to clear? And stop pain
You should not pick or squeeze it. The amount of time that it will take to resolve will depend upon the size, but will usually take a few days to a week or so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So will the cream slowly kill the pimple? Should I apply 2-3 times a day?
It will promote healing of the pimple. Whichever cream that you can find should be used as instructed on the label.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I remove the pimple?
We discussed that above.