Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am 76 and have suffered daily past 7/8 weeks from

I am 76 and have suffered daily for the past 7/8 weeks from nausea, mild dizziness, depression and anxiety. My GP thinks it might well be as a result of having stopped taking 1mg flupentixol abruptly at about the same time, after 16/17 years of having taken it .(together with 30 mg Paroxetine for OCD which I still take.)There has been no recurrence of the OCD.
Do you agree with my GP and how long can I expect these symptoms to continue?
Michael J Franklin
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael.

One question first please--have you had an MRI of your brain and blood work to look for other reasons for your symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had an MRI brain scan some months ago as part of an investigation for Parkinsons and am due a DAT scan for the same reason next week. I had Bloods tests several months ago as part of an annual checkup. All clear except cholesterol.

Not otherwise

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Michael.

In that case I agree this is from stopping the flupentixol instead of tapering off it.

I think your symptoms should resolve over the next four weeks

Let me know if you need any more information please