Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have twin three year old girls. Today I took one of them

Customer Question

I have twin three year old girls. Today I took one of them to the doctor as I felt she had a chest infection. The nurse practitioner confirmed this. Whilst there the other twin was extremely grumpy as she is over tired. She has been being put to bed at her usual time this week of between 6-7 but I have not been able to get her to sleep the earliest it has been this week is 22:30 and last night it was 1:30am. She has a paediatrician who is aware of her sleep issues and we are waiting on a prescription of something to help. I explained this to the nurse as she kept commenting on her grumpiness. I said what her mood was not that bad at that point and showed her a bite mark on her sisters bj she had done two days previous. She asked if anyone else was aware of what Gracie can do and I explained I have spoken to the health visitor, teachers of the deaf, paediatrician , edu psych and just get told it is frustration because she's deaf and can't talk. Within ten mins of me leaving the nurse she rang me to say she was going to ring first point and tell the about the mark on my daughters back. Is this the nurse accusing me of something as I don't understand why one child biting another is a reason to call social?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Are you in the UK please?