Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My 2 yr old boy has been coughing almost every minute

Customer Question

My 2 yr old boy has been coughing almost every minute for the last week and if anything is getting worse and more frequent. He is quite distressed and all of us have had very little sleep. Since the local surgery is closed at the weekend could I take him to A and E ? Also as my son was born is Thailand he is not fully naturalised on the Isle of Man where we have just recently moved to. Would he have recourse to nhs funds or would there be a fee ? If so what sort of cost could be expected ? Many thank in advance.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, you should take him to the local A&Ehe could have a croup infectionor pneumonia or bronchitis infection of the lungor bad asthma attackshis health is more important than money at this point.the cost would vary depending on the tests run.but he needs to see a doctor right away.