Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

If I went to the doctors and told him that I have loose

If I went to the doctors and told him that I have loose bowel movement in the morning with no pain and blood in the stool and its been like in for 4 days what will the doctor give me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. With blood in the stool and loose bowel movements, I would get stool cultures to look for a bacterial enteritis and I would consider giving you either Cipro or Augmentin until the cultures came back and if the antibiotic needed to be changed depending on the culture results I would switch to the appropriate antibiotic