Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

Think I have IBS. I keep need in needing the toilet and

think I have IBS. I keep need in needing the toilet and passing loose stool. I had loose bowel movements for 6 days now's but I also had it 2 months ago. Please help as I don't want to to go to the doctor. It's mainly been in the mornings I have been passing
stool and I have no medical issues?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
it is possible that you have IBS, but you never know fore sure when you don't rule out other conditions. It may as well be possible that you have a viral infection and had another one two months ago. Another possible reason for your symptoms is an adverse food reaction. Of course, you cannot rule out a carcinoma, but this is a rare reason when you are young.
You can wait if you get well or if you find out that your symptoms occur only after special food. But it would be necessary to see a doctor if you have recurrent symptoms after a couple of weeks.
I wish you all the best!