Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a calcium level of 2. and a parathyroid hormone

Hello I have a calcium level of 2.69 and a parathyroid hormone of 9.7is this normal
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Your calcium level is at the upper normal limit.Your PTH is at the low normal range.So both values can be normal.At least, in case of hyperparathyroidism, PTH level should have been higher than 9.7 given your calcium level.But that is not the case.Hence, they both can be taken as normal. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/