Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm a 43 year male. I keep needing to go wee which

Hi I'm a 43 year male. I keep needing to go for a wee which stings and has blood in it. Please could you help me
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Stinging pain and blood in the urine can be due to the urinary tract infection.That should be checked by the urinalysis.Kidney stone --the small one may have been passed causing these symptoms.Blood in the urine especially suggests the likelihood of stone.These two are the most common possibilities.Less likely possibilities can be kidney infection, autoimmune disorder affecting the kidneys, bladder lesions, cancerous growths etc.But these causes are not considered since this is a one time occurrence.You can go to the local hospital to check for infection and stone if symptoms are significant.Please drink plenty of fluids, cranberry juice.Over the counter pyridium tablet can be taken as well for symptom relief. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/