Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

A treatment skin caused by darier disease

A treatment for fungal skin caused by darier disease
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi How was this diagnosed?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Darier disease is a persistent hyperkeratosis of the sebaceous glands in the skin--a hereditary disease.Fungal superinfection is possible sometimes.Over the counteer clotrimazole cream can be tried twice daily for 10 days.If that does not work, oral antifungal Terbinafine 250 mg daily can be tried for 2 weeks.Topical ketoconazole 2% cream daily is another prescription option.You can use chlorhexidine gluconate 4% body wash daily to prevent bacterial infection as well. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

By 2 London consultants after 40 years of skin problems. They say I have darier disease with blaschko lines and complicated by the herpes cold sore virus. I have tried so many things in the past and itraconazole was suggested a long time ago but i have not tried it yet. I have a covereing all over my body with lines of infection

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
That is indeed a severe disease.It is better to consider oral itraconazole in that case as topical cream may not cover all the areas.Itraconazole is a strong anti fungal and the dose is 200 mg once daily for 2 to 3 weeks.That should clear up the infection well.You should also use Chlorhexidine gluconate 4% bodywash daily to prevent any bacterial superinfection. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/