DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I'm a 67 year old male. I have had a growth on my cheek,

Hello, I'm a 67 year old male. I have had a growth on my cheek, slowly enlarging for the last month, possibly starting from what may have been a shaving nick. It's small - about 5mm and protubes about 4mm - and has a grape-like, smooth, irregular texture. No soreness. I've been using fusidic acid antibiotic on it. My doctor thinks it is not cancerous. I'm eager to have it excised before going to the far east at the end of next week, imagining that it will keep growing, but can't find a private dermatologist who is willing to do it in that time, citing worries that it may become infected. Is there a quick and easy solution?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
No there is not a quick and easy solution.
And, this is not a normal growth.
It is probably a basal cell from your description.
I would ask the dermatologist what this is. A basal cell usually can wait some time.
A squamous cell can not.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your advice. I will go back to my gp for a referral.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome anytime.
Please do not forget a positive rating...that is the only way we are paid by just answer: per rating and bonuses.