Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

What are the causes of itchy legs at front from knee to top

Customer Question

What are the causes of itchy legs at front from knee to top of foot and itch on soles of feet?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service. The most common cause will be heat rash if it is seasonal.Heat rash may look like red discoloration of skin with some excoriation.Next possibility is contact dermatitis.Exposure to chemicals, soap, detergent, metals can cause this commonly.Dyshidrotic eczema is another possibility uusally affects the soles of feet --can be blister like rash due to the excessive sweating related reaction.Lichen simplex chronicus is another possibility --again immune mediated reaction with hyperpigmentation of the skinFunal infection is another common cause.Folliculitis or hair follicle infection is another possibility --itchy white bumps usually seen.Steroid cream like desonide gel can be tried for eczematous causes.Infectious causes will require antibiotic or antifungal treatment.You can post a pic for better assistance. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/