Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

So I've had what I think is balanitis (self-diagnosed) for

So I've had what I think is balanitis (self-diagnosed) for over a month now. I've been using caneston clotrimazole and caneston hydrocortisone cream to treat it however it seems to be having little to no effect.
Background info - I started getting pain around my frenulum after sex, to the point where I was worried to retract my foreskin. I left it for a few days until it seemed well enough to have sex again however it quickly became very painful. The next morning my foreskin was sore and my foreskin seemed much tighter. For the next couple of days I couldn't retract my foreskin. The caneston cream seemed to sort this out fairly quickly however 3-4 weeks later my foreskin still seems overly tight, is slightly inflamed and is also uncomfortable when having sex.
If anyone can help sort this out I would appreciate it so much
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
A balanitis would not last for a month, so it is time to think over your self diagnosis. A possible reason for yout pain is a lacerated frenulum. This happens now and then, and when the laceration heals, scar tissue can shorten the frenulum . Every retraction of the foreskin makes thinks worse by irritating the foreskin and causing new mini- lacerations.
I would have the frenulum checked by an urologist. He can elongate it with a little "z"- cut.
I wish you all the best!
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience: Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My frenulum or foreskin isnt actually sore at all. Its just a bit red and inflamed and can get uncomfortable when having sex. I think I'll book myself into the GP to get it checked out.

Thanks for your input!