Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I keep getting a lot of faeces in anal canal after bowel

I keep getting a lot of faeces in anal canal after bowel movement. Have to strain to try to empty. Have some pictures to show better. Also bowel movements come out very wide and squashed (oval shaped looking from top) and slightly curled.

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
Hello Welcome to justanswer.I am Dr.Amita and I would be helping you today.This may be suggestive of a condition called dyssynergic defecation.In this condition the synergy of muscle contraction of pelvic muscles to empty bowels is lost.Initial treatment is to bulk up stools by eating a fiber rich diet with lots of fruits and roughage.You may also include psyllium husk in your diet with 3-4 grams taken every day.In addition take lots of water to maintain good hydration and have regular physical activity.Squatting for defecation also helps overcome the condition.If one cannot squat one can use a stool to keep both feet up as this somewhat mimics squatting position.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is the redness caused by the constant wiping?

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
Yes.Repetitive wiping can cause irritation and redness.