Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I was recently informed by my doctor i have high thyroid

Hello i was recently informed by my doctor i have high thyroid antibodies but normal tsh and t4. But he said my thyroid will fall with the year. Does this mean my immune system is attacking my body and will attack other organs?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
luckily it doesn't. Very, very rarely autoimmune illnesses of the thyroid are accompanied by others in the body. The normal process is a deterioration of the thyroid function alone. It will then be compensated by medication.
Please have your thyroid function checked regularily and don't be afraid of other autoimmune problems.
I wish you all the best!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My doctor has suggested to maybe wait until i am fully under...my thyroid still functioning. My tsh is 4.6 and t4 is 12 i am terrified of gaining weight!

"Fully under" is a little bit too much for me. I would substitute L- Thyroxin step by step as soon as t3 and t4 fall, to prevent weight gain and dizziness. Your results are a bit funny: T4 is quite high, so THS should be down, but isn't. I would do the labwork in three months, thats early enough.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah thats free t4 by the way

Of course!
Anyhow, you don't have to fear weight gain with this level.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I hope not..do you think i show wait or take low dose thyroxine or retest in three months

I would not recommend thyroxine, because fT4 is high already. Hyperthyreosis is no fun, either! Please retest in 3 months and decide then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wat is the free t4 range in america....and shoukd i exercise as normal..is tsh not high?

ft4 4,5-12,5.
TSH 0.3-5.0, not too high.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think her ft4 is 9-22

http://www.globalrph.com/labs_t.htm.

But there is no regular difference between America and Europe, but between the different labs. So you should compare with the range your lab indicates normal.

I hope everything is quite clear now and thank you for pressing a positive feedback. button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah i will maybe wait a bit longer before i take thyroxine hoping i dint get fat

Do so.
All the best!
I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

One more question before i rate is it normal to have tight throat sensation near thyroid.

Yes, because inflammation causes swelling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wil this continue until i take thyroxine or wil it come and go

This is my last answer; I cannot write again and again (hope you don't want everybody to opt out): It will stop soon after you began with L.- Thxyroxin.
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience: Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.