Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have problems staying hard blood pressure ok 73/ 130 heart

hi i have problems staying hard blood pressure ok 73/ 130 heart rate resting 52 i cycle 20 miles a day do i need help
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

Do you mean that you can get a full erection initially, but then does not stay hard?
Is the blue pill Viagra?
What effect does the blue pill have?
What strength are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can get erection not for long goes soft . yes pil viagra has little effect strenght 100

Thank you for the additional information.

An inability to maintain an erection is treated in the same way as the inability to achieve an erection, with one exception. Viagra is one of the first-line medicines for this problem, but you are already taking the maximum dose of the drug. There are several options to consider when Viagra is not effective.

There is a similar medicine, called Cialis, which also has a strength that can be taken daily, rather than only taking it when a sex encounter is anticipated. Some men find that daily use works better than intermittent use.

The also is a medicine that works locally in the penis, called alprostadil. The alprostadil is most often used as a suppository that is placed in the penis. It is also available as an injection that can be administered at home.

There also is Trimix, which contains alprostadil along with two other medicines, and can be compounded as an injection or used as a gel applied to the penis.

There are rings that can be placed along the base of the penis to help maintain an erection.

It is worth noting that a vacuum device is a common intervention for erectile dysfunction, but this is the exception noted above. A vacuum device is good for achieving an erection, but is then removed, so would not be practical for someone that can achieve an initial erection but has difficulty maintaining an erection.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.