Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had a cough I cough till I'm sick, I f I

I have had a cough for 21mths I cough till I'm sick, I f I try to hold a conversation or eat, I go funny in the top of my scull by that I mean giddy and almost pass out. I have a constant drip down my throat that is extremely salt. When I'm sick it isn't food I bring up,just a build up of the salty saliva I've swallowed. I was told it could be a brain drip CSF. I HAVE HAD endoscopes and I'm due too go and have it all done again they think it's REFLUX. I have Hyatas Hernia and Diverticulitis. It is NOT reflux. I know I have spine problems, I was under the spinal surgeon at my local hospital but had had 5 major ops for replacement surgery and felt I couldn't under-go another so declined treatment. Please help me, I'm so depressed as no-one seems to be listening to what I'm saying.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Have you had a ct scan or MRI of your brain and head?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a scan for the abdoman but not a Brain Scan. I go into hospital 11th August to have several injections in my spine L1 To L5 - S1 SIJ and in both sacroital joints as I'm disabled walk wise.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK, Sorry for more questions but have you had a full cardiac workup and a check of your thyroid function?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing of that nature
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK We can certainly continue after this if you'd like

First off you need a study of your sinuses and I would get a ct scan of those since this could be a chronic sinusitis problem

Secondly, the giddy and passing out feeling could be from a cardiac problem--most likely an arrhythmia--and I would get an EKG, echocardiogram, stress test and a Holter monitor--a 24 hour a day EKG--to check that

Finally, part of the problem may be a low thyroid condition so you need a blood thyroid panel drawn.

Of course, I can only give you my thoughts but you need to discuss all this with your doctor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Therein lies a problem they will only discus one thing. Any suggestions???!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then I suggest you ask for an ENT referral and a cardiology referral

I'm sorry but since I'm not your doctor all I can to is make suggestions here