Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am noticing some slight pain in my arm put. The gland feels

I am noticing some slight pain in my arm put. The gland feels slightly more enlarged than the other arm. The gland is not tender to touch. This has been going on for about two weeks . Should I see a doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. This sounds like a developing abscess in your armpit and not a gland per se.

Since these don't usually drain on their own and need antibiotics and sometimes incision and drainage by a doctor the best thing for you to do is see a doctor for it

Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can feel a lump in the same position in both arm pits but I can just find the lump in the right arm pit quicker. There is no pain or tenderness when I press. Is this still suggestive? What causes abscesses ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
.If it's hurting you at all then it needs to be looked at Ellie. These usually start out as folliculitis--a hair shaft infection