Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had unprotected sex last night the next day I started to

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex last night the next day I started to get tickly itching over my body my sides my legs my back but do not have ANY marks on my body
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

We can certainly continue after this but there is no type of STD--viral or bacterial--that would cause symptoms that quickly and the symptoms you describe are not typical for any STD

This could be an allergic reaction or it might indicate a magnesium or a vitamin B12 deficiency so I would suggest you see a doctor to check for those
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you need to discuss this further Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello again yes I would like to know is there any chance I could of caught anything serious here it just seems strange that I have this feeling I get sweety every now and again but no temperature I checked this morning and my temperature was 36.7 which is normal I work in a country called Azerbaijan which is hot here in the summer I do not have any discharge from my private parts but the tickly itch comes every now and again in different parts of my body I am worried about this

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, unfortunately any episode of unprotected sex carries with it a risk of STD's--gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomonas, HIV, hepatitis, syphilis.

But again, none of those would cause any symptoms in the first 24 hours after the sex and your symptoms are not indicative of any STD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks doctor for your advice I do worry a lot sometimes I get a feeling that something is crawling on my skin could this mean anything at all or like you said it might be a lack of b12 just not sure what would you suggest it has not been 24 hours yet but as I mentioned no sign of any discharge just tickly itching

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
For now I'd suggest that you wait to see if the symptoms persist for more than another three days. This could just be from anxiety
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Doctor many thanks for your kind help lets hope I was lucky this time in future be more safe and sensible thank you for making me feel better

Kindest regards

Michael

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You're entirely welcome Michael and you can call on me any time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

doctor will be in touch in three days to let you know have a great day

kind regards

,Michael

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'll be here Michael