Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I've been to my doctor as I go to the toilet a lot.. been

HI I've been to my doctor as I go to the toilet a lot.. been told nerve damage & pelvic floor very weak/ muscles..but I'm also having a heavy dragging pelvic area sore top area of tummy it did start from my right side of back moving across.. tummy still sore not got water infection.. any ideas please ..I'm a Mum of 3 two younger busy children not much time for me.. but this hasn't been having helping not been feeling great ... I'm 44 wondered if it could be linked to pre menopause.. my name is ***** ***** you...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry if you are having these symptoms

if you had prior C section surgery to delivery your babies, this can cause scar tissue in your pelvis around your bowels and can cause pain and heavy dragging symptoms.

nerve damage and weak pelvic floor muscles can also cause heavy dragging pelvic feelings and sore abdominal symptoms.

contipation and bowel inflammation can cause these symptoms as well.

you should talk to your doctor about kegel exercises to help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles to see if this can help

are you having regular bowel movements?

did you have prior C section surgeries?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi no I haven't had any c sections I had 3 normal deliveries my younger two who are about to turn 6 & 7 both in September were a year 2 weeks apart 2008 2009 sept... my last delivery was induced and a very full on delivery it just came on so fast even the staff were taken by surprise and thought I wouldn't get to delivery on time.. life had been non stop since not time for myself hence poor pelvic floor.. etc. the pain started like a bad strain from my side on the right side & my middle tummy like a sharp pain there but if I laughed I was in a lot of pain this has gone.. so I did wonder if id strained myself bowling.. but it the pelvic area has been dragging heavy pain... my doctor did say she would refer me to a gynaecologist but this will be a while I... I did wonder if it was something else on the uterus cysts or something but your explanation does help saying that this can cause such symptoms and discomfort ... as my own doctor did not suggest that .. but its not her field ....

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
this soreness could also possibly be an abdominal or ventral hernia.

when you laugh or bear down like to have a bowel movement, you increase pressure in your abdominal wall area and this can cause weakness in your abdominal wall and herniate bowel through areas of weakness.

you need an abdominal ultrasound to check for weak areas in your abominal wall which can result in hernias.

increasing your core abdominal strengthen and doing kegel exercises for your pelvic floor muscles can help strengthen your muscles and could help with pain.

do get to see a gyn doctor as soon as you can

here are some intructions for kegel exercises.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/womens-health/in-depth/kegel-exercises/art-20045283

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com