Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

When I go to bed my left foot begins to feel numb, this leads

when I go to bed my left foot begins to feel numb, this leads to an intense icy feeling even though I am warm. My toes are cramped and the feeling of numbness spreads up my calf.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.
It's good news that the circulation is good. The reason for your discomfort most likely is an irritation of your leg's nerves by the intervertebral discs of your lumbal spine.
You should see an orthopedic to have this checked.
If your mattress is worn out, this would be a hint to buy a new one. Sinking into an old mattress bends the spine and puts pressure on the discs.
Antiphlogistics like ibuprofen and diclofenac might be helpful.
I wish you a soon recovery!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I expected to be told what was causing my problem not to be given referrals
Thats what I did as far as anybody can from the distance: An irritated lumbal nerve.
I told you the medication and to look at your mattress. Warmth may be helful, too. The referral was only to ensure the diagnosis, it is not necessary.
Is any information missing, or did I make myself quite clear now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** can see this isn't a problem that can be dealt with on line
Oh yes, it can! Because you wanted to know what the problem is: Its not circulation, its the nerve.
You can try otc ibuprofen and might get better, and you can decide to see an orthopedic if it doesn't improve. This is clear procedure.