Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I always get the symptoms of nausea and bloated! I am a female

I always get the symptoms of nausea and bloated! I am a female aged 17! I usually get pms and these symptoms once I've just finished my period but I don't know why I get these symptoms otherwise! I am also on the pill and have been on it for 9 months and I have got my withdrawal bleed every month! Should I be worried?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

You have no reason to be worried since these symptoms are a part of your predictable premenstrual pattern. Premenstrual syndrome is very common. However if these symptoms are severe and disabling you may consult your doctor for the treatment of these symptoms with medications. At home you may eat smaller, more-frequent meals to reduce bloating and the sensation of fullness. Limiting salt and salty foods may also help to reduce bloating and fluid retention.

Take care.