Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a bump just under the bottom of my eye thats very tender

i have a bump just under the bottom of my eye thats very tender that i have had for a day do you know what it could be.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you attach a picture of the bump and eye?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i cant get a good enough picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its quite a hard bump and very tender when not touching, even more tender to touch and not very red in colour either.
The most common cause of a red bump of the lower lid is a stye, which is inflammation and minor infection of a gland at the base of the eyelashes. This is usually a benign problem that will resolve spontaneously, although there is a small risk of a more serious infection. Reviewing a picture would provide more evidence that you are not having a more serious infection.
For the vast majority of cases, the only intervention that is necessary would be the application of warm compresses, which can ease inflammation and promote drainage and healing.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you ill try that and if that doesn't work ill come back thank you for your help.