Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had a pain behind my ear weeks that has

I have had a pain behind my ear for several weeks that has been getting progressively worse to the point where I now can't lie on the ear. My mum says there is a nasty bruise there where the ear attaches to the head but I haven't knocked it at any point. The last few days my neck has been really stiff on the same side and the pain from that goes into the bottom of my head. Could the two be connected and should I see a doc or just leave for it to sort itself out
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--you definitely need to have a doctor look at this since it sounds like you've had an ear infection that now has gone into mastoiditis--possible infection of the mastoid bone behind the ear. This can be very serious so please see a doctor right away