DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My abdominal pain is still present, I have started to think

My abdominal pain is still present, I have started to think it might be pancreatic cancer. The pain has been present every day- although not all the time- for about two months.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hello again.
Thanks for requesting me.
No, I have reviewed our previous questions and answers with you.
This is not likely pancreatic cancer.
If pancreatic cancer got to the point that you had pain, you would be in the hospital.
In addition, your doctors lab tests and exam have already ruled this out.
If you insist on worrying about this, your doctor can easily repeat an ultrasound of the pancreas to make sure there is no mass on the pancreas, but that would be for your peace of mind, not because anyone thinks this is pancreatic cancer.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't had an ultrasound or lab tests. My family doctor has felt my abdomen.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
Still not pancreatic cancer, for reasons I have stated.
Ask your doctor for this.
All routine labs.
Urinalysis.
Lipase and amylase..these check the pancreas.
Ultrasound.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So are you saying that if I had stomach or pancreatic cancer, and it was causing pain, that I would be more ill by now?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok