Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I went to doctors 3 weeks ago with a lump in right side of

I went to doctors 3 weeks ago with a lump in right side of neck which had been there for a couple of weeks previous, she said could be swollen lymph node go back in a couple of weeks if it persists, it is still there and slightly larger I have also felt another two small lumps appear in the duration of time from my doctors visit ! Should I book appointment as I am becoming a little anxious of what it could be, I have no energy in my self
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry you don't have energy

how old are you?

are you male or female?

some patients can get viral infections from ebstein barr virus to cause mononucleosis viral infection which can cause tender enlarged neck lymph nodes and severe fatigue

you should see your doctor and get your neck lymph nodes examined and blood tests to see if you have mononucleosis viral infection.

you should book an appointment to see your doctor

let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm 35 female had bloods which I think should be fine she said she would call if any thing wasn't, I get a stiffness in my neck sometimes and I'm a smoker would I have any other symptoms if it were to be the virus you have suggested it could possibly be ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
mono can cause fatigue and tender enlarged lymph nodes.

you could have mono viral infection and your blood work be completely normal.

you should talk to your doctor about quitting smoking as well.

I am a cancer doctor

I am not worried about those lymph nodes containing cancer

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com