Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am having a sharp pain in my adobem and I haven't been

Customer Question

Hi I am having a sharp pain in my adobem and I haven't been able to urinate and I feel I want to go but when I go I can't wee and my stomach is swollen loads. What's the best thing to do as I am in a lot of pain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this but you need to be evaluated at an A&E right away

You may just have a bladder infection but you may have a more serious kidney infection and you may even have appendicitis with all that pain so you need an exam, a urinalysis, blood work, and a ct scan of the abdomen

Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi thank you for getting back in touch. I have already had my appendix removed. Is is nessery to go to a&e I only really like going if it is a emergency. I mean I am in a lot of pain but could it be serious I'm just scared.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand Leanne. You could instead go to a walk-in clinic. It may just be a bladder infection and you can try taking some cranberry pills and a probiotic like lactobacillus but unless the pain resolves soon you need antibiotics

Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you