Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Three weeks or so ago I had a funny feeling on the out side

Customer Question

Three weeks or so ago I had a funny feeling on the out side of my nose (lower part) nothing much but I was aware f it at times. It then spread to me cheek again right side of my face hard to explain not really a pain kind of tingling then kind o numbess and pain in one of my teeth, a few times it gave earache jst for seconds, sometimes. Feel my face is burning and sometimes feels prickly. At times I feel that all my top teeth feel numb. If I take diazapan it goes or mistimes a drink of sherry. I panic so much that I have to take one thing. Some days it s fine then it ones back, I sent to the GP and she was not sure he thought it may be neuralgia , went to the dentist and the tooth. Get the pain at times she said gas a crack in it. Would this cause all these symptoms, am getting the tooth fixed next week, taking the keels filling out and refilling. The root is ok . It is really causing m stress, I am a stressful person anyway but am terrified it may be serious. Can. Please have your opinion.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
yes, a crack in a tooth can cause many if not all of these symptoms.
that is good you are getting your tooth fixed.
don't let your anxiety get out of control
it sounds like you have good doctors helping you
it could possibly be a neuralgia causing your symptoms.
if a drink of sherry helps, that is ok.
you need to find better ways to destress.
keep using your diazepam to help decrease anxiety
what tablets where you given?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for you telephone offer but I am far too emotional and upset to hold a conversation. I was the same when I went to see my GP. I always imagine the worst, stroke, brain tumour etc. I have always been like that. I am lucky That I have a full time job which I enjoy and takes my mind off it whilst there. but as soon as I come home I am in pieces. I thought neuralgia was very painful, my symptoms are annoying and strange but not painful. I could live with it if I knew it was not serious despite the fact hat it's very annoying. I hope that you are right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was given Amitriptyline 10mg. I stopped taking them I was afraid to take them after having a drink of sherry I never drink alcohol except when I am distressed . I suffer from anxiety and sometimes panuc attacks. I have to be desperate for me to have a glass of sherry I do not like alcohol at all. I only take diazapan in desperation , I can go for weeks without taking one months even but his problem has really scared me.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it could be very mild neuralgia.
it doesn't sound serious.
there are treatments which can help decrease your anxiety and panic attacks.
you should ask your doctor to refer you to see a psychotherapist to talk about your fears and anxiety as well
amitriptyline can help with nerve pain.
it is best to take at night time before bed as it can cause some drowsiness
tegretol can also possibly help with your symptoms possibly
but if they are mild and you can tolerate them, they you don't have to worry
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did yu get the rest of my conversation I did not see reply but sent more information
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you might have to scroll up to see my full reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it ok to take Amitriptyline if I have had a glass f sherry? Is there a chance it might spread to the other side of my face? If it is neuralgia will it go? I hope it s my tooth that s causing it. I won't be asking more questions, if you can answer these I will rate you. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, it is ok to take the amitriptyline if you had a glass of sherry.
most likely the neuralgia will not spread.
it is is neuralgia it can come and go
hopefully the tooth repair will help.
best of luck to you
don't forget to leave positive feedback
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very very much. Good night
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome
thanks for using JustAnswer.com