Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I started taking ibuprofen pain. I am an otherwise

I started taking ibuprofen for shoulder pain. I am an otherwise healthy 34 year old but I have accidently discovered that even at low doses (200mg/day) the ibroprofen seems to have cured my erectile disfunction problems. Is there a medical explanation for this? And us it safe to take this low dose long term?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customerSince when do you have erectile dysfunction. What are the symptoms. Do you suffer from any medical condition or take any daily medication.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've had problems all my life. I don't take any other medication. I've tried ed medication and they help but not 100%. I also find the ibroprofen helps me sleep a lot better and not need as many toilet breaks in the night

The symptoms are both not being able to achieve a strong enough election and not being able to maintain it. I was not getting early morning elections before but I have since I started the ibroprofen

Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.
There is one medical explanation for your improved erectile function and sleep: A subacute inflammation of your prostata, causing mild discomfort. Unluckily it's not safe to take Ibuprofen longer. Not only that it affects the stomach; in persons with long time medication you see more heart attacks.
Maybe you see an unrologist to have your prostate gland checked.
All the best!
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience: Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.