DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am undergoing checks heavy menstrual bleeding.

I am undergoing checks for extreme heavy menstrual bleeding. I'm permanently on a period and have had a coil fitted to help but sadly nit much change. Recently I feel my wee is bright red and now I don't know if that's because I'm menstrual bleeding or if I'm bleeding in my urine. Feel very worried .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
That requires exam.
It is likely to be from your menstruation, but we can not tell as we can not examine you.
If you put a tampon , in wash around the urethra, and pee, you might get a better idea, otherwise, call your doctor tomorrow about this.
OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.