Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Good evening, I do have following question: yesterday morning

Good evening, I do have following question:
yesterday morning after I woke up, I realized a kind of pressure, like beeing under water associated with a loud humming-hissing sound on my right ear and I felt that I could not hear properly, because of the pressure. The pressure has gone now, but the sound ist still there, not as loud as it initially was. It is something to be worrried about?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,These symptoms are likely due to the eustachian tube inflammation causing the increased pressure in the middle ear cavity.There may have been ear effusion or fluid accumulation as well.Viral infection and seasonal allergies can cause this commonly.Not concerning.The symptoms will gradually improve over next few days.You can try a steroid nasal spray daily.Fluticasone nasal spray is over the counter and can be used 2 sprays each nostril daily for next 2 weeks or whenever the symptoms subside. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would it be supportive/advisable to take Gingko biloba tablets and Aspirin?

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
You can take ginkgo biloba which can be helpful.Avoid aspirin as it can cause ringing in the ears as side effect.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What dosage of the gingko would you recommend?

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
80 mg twice daily should be ok. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What dosage of gingko would you recommend?

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Ginkgo biloba 80 mg twice daily is preferred. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for having answered my questions! I will rate you with Excellent Service. Have a good day!

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome Best wishes
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. You shouldn't try to treat this on your own--either with ginko biloba or a steroid nasal spray. You need to have you doctor evaluate you for possible serious ear problems and you might even risk hearing loss