Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I fell hard on my left arm during a sports

I fell hard on my left arm during a sports game 1 month ago. The next day it was very painful I couldn't move it hardly at all. I went to hospital they x rated it and said the they couldn't see any fracture. Some of the pain has gone, the range of movement has got somewhat better but I'm still in a lot of pain. If I lift my arm up and out to get dressed for example the top of my arm hurts and my shoulder. The main problem is sleeping. I wake up every couple of hours in pain shoulder and upper arm hurts badly and stiffens up so much I can't move it for several minutes.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
This is likely a rotator cuff injury
You need a cortisone shot in the shoulder and some good physio. If that doesn't work, an MRI of the shoulder.
I would see your GP for cortisone and physio as a next step
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou, is there anything I can do to relieve the pain in the meantime, I can't get a gp appointment for two weeks.
ibuprofen, heating pad can help
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)