Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

There I'm looking advice please as I'm now terrified. A

Customer Question

Hi there
I'm looking for some advice please as I'm now terrified.
A number of years ago I had unprotected oral sex from an escort and after this (months maybe later) felt a number of symptoms which put the fear of God in to me.
They were; pins and needles, joint pain, anxiety, depression, brain 'fog' as people call it.
Now, some 7 years later I've got the same except some mouth sores, eye infections and some spots like insects bites. I did also at time have what felt like insects crawling under my skin.
I've read many articles online including; chronic sore throat/mood swing virus, his- like virus in China, and Karen lambert's story.
I am petrified.
I had a number of tests done 2008,2009,2012, 214, and even a few months ago and everything (well the main ones- hiv etc) and all came back negative.
I am so scared however that I will wake up in a few months down the line and something else will happen and I may have caught this AIDS with hiv?!
I appear too, to have passed something on to my poor wife and daughter. They scratch, have had eye infections (daughter) and what I feel is mood swings.
I really don't know what you may say but thanks in advance,
Yours
Andrew
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

all of your test have shown your HIV is negative.

your symptoms are not from STD or sexually transmitted disease.

many of your symptoms are from excessive anxiety disorder which can cuse anxiety, depression, brain fog, pins and needles

you should see your doctor about treatment for your anxiety symptoms.

you might benefit from seeing a psychotherapist or counselor aobut your anxiety symptoms for talk therapy

you did not pass any diseases to your wife or daughter.

itchy eyes can be from allergies

mood swings can be from hormone changes

you don't have to worry about passing an STD to your family member

do you have a doctor you can see to talk about therapy for your anxiety symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi doctor and and thanks for that.
Please however could you comment on the many forums on mystery stds which I've looked over since having symptoms and mine do match but my symptoms did happen first.
Chronic sore throat/mood swing virus
Hiv like China virus
I would love to think that everyone is so anxious but my symptoms match nearly 100% of both of those / right down to my bones cracking.
I would love to think it's anxiety or my imagination but it's not.
Is it possible that I have contracted one of the above (if you believe they exist) or is possible to contract AIDS in by another way not including hiv.
It maybe that my encounter wasn't an std but believe (to the bottom of my stomach) that I've picked something up which is giving me these symptoms .
Andrew
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
there is no virus called the "china virus"

severe anxiety can cause very real symptoms. I'm sure you anxiety causes real symptoms

that is why you need treatment for your anxiety

but your symptoms are not due to STD or sexually tansmitted diseases.

you will continue to test negative for all STDs

it is not possible to contract AIDs without HIV

sore throat can be from acid reflux which is very serious and needs to be treated by your doctor.

mood swings is not from an infection.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
do you have any other questions?