Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had a sore bump to my head on a metal window ledge 2 days

Customer Question

I had a sore bump to my head on a metal window ledge 2 days ago and have since had a dull headache extending to behind my eyes and temples. Have a very slight hissing noise in my ears and a sore neck and jaw. As always everything online makes it sound very serious but I am reluctant to go and see a doctor as I don't feel that unwell. Does this sound like a mild bump to the head that will subside by itself to you?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
usually a small bump of the head on a metal window ledge would not be enough to cause bleeding in the brain.
a dull headache can be from not enough sleep, dehydration, caffeine withdraw, excessive anxiety
if you grind your teeth at night time, this can cause sore jaw and sore neck and cause headaches as well.
it is always best to see a doctor for a full physical and evaluation
but chances are very low that you have a bleed in your brain or subdural hematoma.
do you grind your teeth and jaws at night time?
do you have excessive anxiety or worry symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** *****'t grind my teeth or have anxiety. But just wanted peace of mind as my family thought it could be a mild concussion. It was a fairly sore bump but I can't see if there is bruising as its on my scalp. There was bleeding which stopped soon after.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I see.
I bet most of the pain is from the skin trauma there.
you should ice the area and use neosporin on the region to help prevent infection
you should be washing your hair in the area as well at least once a day to keep it clean.
it should get better with time.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information, sorry I am using an iPhone and there is nothing above the chat box for me to give a rating. Is there another way I can do it?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you might have to scroll up and down to see the ratings area.
thanks
thanks for using JustAnswer.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
do you see the ratings area?
where you can leave feedback and close out the question?