Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have been suffering from stomach ache and needing the loo

I have been suffering from stomach ache and needing the loo a lot over the last couple of years. I have also been suffering frequently from penile thrush for about the same time. Having not had issues with either in the past.
I can put this back to when I had some issues with my teeth and a recurring abscess.
My dentist prescribed me several doses (at least 4 times but feels like more) of antibiotics over the course of about one year, most times with two types at once, Amoxicillin and Metronidazole.
Is it possible that my healthy bacteria is unbalanced.?
What can be dome to help this.
I have heard of other persons faeces being inserted into the gut.?
Please help, it's driving me mad :(
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
antibiotics can often kill off good bacterial on your skin and GI system and put you at more risks for opportunistic infections like clostridium difficile infections of your bowels which can cause diarrhea and thrush infections of your throat
adding good bacteria into your diet through eating yogurt daily and taking probiotics can help replenish good bacteria into your GI system.
you should talk to your doctor about getting stool testing to check for c diff infections
adding fiber and taking a probiotic could help your bowels become more regular and work better.
you don't need a fecal stool transplant at this point.
stomach aches can be from many different causes. are the pains in the upper abdomen or lower abdomen?
are you having watery diarrhea daily?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Watery diarrhoea can be for several days at a time. More often than not.
Pain is right behind my belly button, warming it eases the pain greatly.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you need to see your doctor to get testing for c diff infection in your bowels with stool testing as soon as possible. and stool testing to check for microscopic blood.
you need to be checked for gluten allergy or lactose allergy. these foods may have to be avoided.
the pain sounds like it is from cramps and inflammation of your bowels
you need these bowel tests first
if you continue to have pain, you might need a colonoscopy as well.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My bowel movements are often sudden and can be difficult to deal with, especially when travelling.
I will leave your positive feedback shortly
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
try keeping a food diary to see what food worsen your symptoms
try to eat more yogurt and add probiotic pills to your diet
try eating more fiber in your diet and adding fiber supplements and seeing if this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cool, thanks