DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I'm about to have a 24 hr EEG after having many seizures.

Hi I'm about to have a 24 hr EEG after having many seizures.
I'm a little afraid as I'm living in Spain and don't speak the language.
There checking for epilepsy also crisis seizures I don't know what that means.
My husband works away and this last month my daughter has seen me take at least 20 episodes from losing my hearing. I can't go out in the heat. Yesterday I lost conciseness but came round. Then not long after that one another happened but I remained aware just stumbling and fumbling. Will they find out after a 24 hr EEG. I take tegretol but skip the morning dose as it makes me to sleepy to function. Keppa is a no no made me crazy. Please help me to understand what to expect. Also I don't think I should be driving a car.many thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You should not be driving.
Yes the EEG will show what type of seizures.
There is no specific medical term called crises seizures.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They did the Romberg test and I fell over every time. Would this be epilepsy I'm finding it hard to understand them. My children a young and I don't like driving and find the heat brings on sezuiers would this tie in with epilepsy?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
NO, Rhomberg is not specific to any disease.
It simply indicates intability in a certain part of the brain.
Yes, this all ties in with epilepsy.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.