Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

As I rolled in my sleep last night I woke with a start as the

As I rolled in my sleep last night I woke with a start as the top ( outer) right thigh ( just below hip) felt like a burning sensation. Enough to wake me a I felt some heat. Moved leg and it went off after about an hour
I'm male 55. Should I see my Gp?
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
Hello Welcome to justanswer.I am Dr.Amita and I would be helping you today.This is likely to be due to irritation of lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh which may have been compressed or irritated as a result of posture taken during sleep.You need not see a GP for this as the burning has subsided.See your GP only if the symptom keeps recurring.This is the initial answer.Please use reply to expert button if you want further assistance in the matter.