Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had a Mirena Coil about 2 to 3 years ago and I am

Hello, I had a Mirena Coil about 2 to 3 years ago and I am still discharging blood and my periods are very irregular. I have diarehea almost once every forthnight. I am thinking of getting it out but I was misdiagonised and injected with Depo-Provera and bleed until my blood count was down to 4. I was hospitalised and had a blood and iron transfusion. That is when I had the Mirena coil to avoid any further bleeding. I am scared if I got the Mirena removed the Depo-Provera may effect again. Could you please help me.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

when did you get the depo-provera injection

this injection can last 3 months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This injection was meant to last for one year. It was about 2 to 3 yrs ago but I am scared that I might start getting more issues.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I see.

I would see your gyn doctor and get an evaluation of your uterus

you might need to have a procedure called endometrial ablation to help stop your heavy mentstral bleeding

you need an ultrasound to check for uterine fibroids as well

there are ways to help your bleeding if you continue to bleed

you can always have a partial or total hysterectomy as well

your gyn doctor will not let you continue to bleed until your hemoglobin is 4 again

the prior depo-provera injection 2-3 years ago should not be a factor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My gyn, I have been to her lots of times and even when I was bleeding so heavy with the effects of the depo-provera, she did not notice until I was in hospital having a blood transfusion. That is why I have come to you. I also smell under and I would to go to arecommended gyn who can give me honest answers and treat me honestly. I have suffered with heavy bleeding for too long and also with the Merina I am still suffering. My gyn said it was the solution but it is not. I have OCD and my fear is germs and they are breading in my pants how ever many times I shower. Due to so many showers my skin has started piling off. Can you help me with the Mirena coil why am I bleeding, my urine comes out without any indication that I want to go to the toilet and the discahrging. I need help and I have come to you please.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like you need better treatment for your OCD condition with an SSRI agent like paxil or zoloft.

are you getting treatment for your OCD?

how would you like me to help you with the mirena coil?

are you sure you are bleeding heavily?

your ocd could be at work here as well

if you fear germs in your pants, and are showering too much, this is a sign of ocd. you don't have germs in your pants.

is this worry of heavy bleeding also a worry from your ocd?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I do not get any treatment for my OCD.

I just want to know if I get the Mirena removed will my bleeding stop and go to the regular monthly.

Yes I am sure I bleed heavy otherwise I would not be talking to you belive me please, I have said and proved to my gyn as well and no one seems to understand

I try not, to stop showering and thinking that I have any germs, but I cannot and I also realise that it is my OCD, but I can only treat my OCD if I can treat my bleeding. I have to have thinks in order.

It could be both but I have to get one illness sorted out before I think of treating the other.

Please help me

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you can have your mirena removed

I can't remove it for you

you have to talk to your gyn doctor about having it removed

if you have it removed, you have to use another form of contraception

you can get your OCD treated at any point in time

you need to get your OCD treated. you need to talk to your doctor about this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much David If I require any help in the future I will ask.

Harjinder

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician