Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I live in Scotland in the Paisley area I have an excellent

I live in Scotland in the Paisley area I have an excellent GP who understands my conditions well and is very supportive. I am just about to move to the Glasgow area which is 7 miles away although I would be staying at my mothers at the Paisley address during spells where I am really unwell so therefore wouldn't require home visits to my new address. So my question really is do I really need to change my GP because I don't think I would feel comfortable going to someone else.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

Which medical condition do you suffer from? What medications do you take daily?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I suffer from many conditions the most problematic is fibromyalgia and cfs which is quite hard to get a GP who understands this condition in my area. My current GP understands the condition very well and is very supportive. My question is that I want to stay with my GP but not sure if I will be allowed to. I have been living at my mums address in Paisley where my GP is but I am moving to the Glasgow area which is 7 miles away. I would not require home visits to my new address in Glasgow because when I am unwell I will be living at my mums at the Paisley address so if home visits were ever require I would be at my mums address

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

I understand your situation. In these circumstances I would recommend continuing with your current GP. Also since your conditions are chronic and your GP knows your history well, that is what treatment has been given in the past and which treatments were beneficial for you, it makes sense to continue with the current GP, especially since you have a good rapport with your current GP.

Take care.