Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

There I am a 74 year old man, with a child of 8, when Ryan

Hi there
I am a 74 year old man, with a child of 8, when Ryan was two, and looking after him on my own, I was feeling tired, and had that could not be bothered feeling, although not a problem at the time I had no sex drive, I put this all down to me age, my GP at the time done some blood and prostate tests, He said I had something called andropause, he prescribed Nebido tostestorone injections, Since having these injections I have felt on top of the world, my blood pressure which was high, and my cholestoral, have came down to normal, I have also been able to lose tummy bloating. my problem is my new GP has been asking me if I wanted to come off it voluntarily, he says some people imagine things are doing them good, I got quite short with her and she left it at that, now I have this worry in my mind , she may take me off it, I have my blood and prostate checked regularly and all is ok, the nurse hinted unofficialy it may be down to cost, have you any thoughts on the matter
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
There are some concerns about heart disease with testosterone now. That may be a concern
Can you pay out of pocket for it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no I could not pay out of pocket, I contacted Bayer and they informed me they had not heard of any concerns apart from possible prostate trouble, of which they say have been no cases, thank you anyway for your help

there are concerns of heart disease
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)