Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My mother is due to have cataract surgery on Monday. She had

My mother is due to have cataract surgery on Monday. She had an epidural this past Monday for pain management of a chronic spinal problem. She is also on warfarin that she stopped prior to the epidural. Her inr is now down to 1 so her GP has put her on fragmin for 10 days along side her warfarin. She is now worried that the hospital will not want to do her cataract op in a few days (under local) due to her being on so much anti coagulation mess. She is 85.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. There should be no reason to postpone the cataract surgery so long as her INR is in the 2-3 therapeutic range before the surgery.

So I don't think they'll postpone the procedure

Let me know if you need more information please