Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Within the last 12 hours my right eye has become very uncomfortable,

Customer Question

within the last 12 hours my right eye has become very uncomfortable, it is very red, sore, and sensitive to light. My left eye is not as red yet still sensitive to light.. i am a little bit itchy and irritated over my body and feel tired, weird, and uncomfortable. It is also important to note i have a dripping nose (cold like). What would you advise me to do? do i need to go to hospital?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Hi there,

These symptoms suggest acute bacterial conjunctivitis.

Bacterial infection of the eye in other words.

You need antibiotic eye drops urgently.

Hence, better to go to the local hospital.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have the feeling in response to extensive research online that this could be a symptom also of ocular herpes. However, i as of yet appear to see signs of blister breakout (touchwood). I also note i wear contact lenses and that this episode started as a result of not being able to remove one.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Given the history of contact lens, this is most likely bacterial infection --common with contact lens wearing.Ocular herpes is unlikely since no visible blisters and also no acute loss of vision.Please go to the local hospital for antibiotic prescription. Best wishes