Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I'm in a Bit of a delemur, I'm 70 years Old and visited

Hi' I'm in a Bit of a delemur, I'm 70 years Old and visited my doctor last week, with fluid on my legs, only to be told at the end of it all, it's only to be expected, with chronic kidney disease, the first I ever new about it, the doctor has take over from my original GP, and had to look back through my records, to said I was dumbfounded is an under statement, so when I got back home, I rang to obtain my medical records.
I received an application but having read it was not going to fill it in on the grounds it reads like a disclaimer, I need sound advise so I don't go upsetting anyone, Keith.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
Hello I am Dr.Amita and I would be helping you today.What exactly would you like to know? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I thought I had written it out clearly, I need to why I the patient had not been informed of the results showing this Kidney problem earlier. Keith

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****As a rule patients are always informed by their doctors about their health status and any findings of investigation.It is the right of a patient to know what is happening with him/her and it is the doctor's duty to let the patient know everything about their health status.If you were not informed about your kidney disease it is an aberration.I cannot tell why your GP failed to tell you but you should have been informed about your health status.Only your old GP has an answer to this.I understand that this may not be the answer you were looking for but I have to clearly tell you the truth and it would be unethical on my part to tell you anything less.