Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Im in a fix as i cannot go to the loo i havent had a

hello im in a fix as i cannot go to the loo i havent had a proper poo for 3 days i had a anuryusm 13 years ago they had to take my stomache out then put it back could i have a twisted bowel
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Normally what is the frequency of your bowel movements and the size and consistency of your stools. Is your constipation of recent onset or a chronic condition? Do you take any daily medications? Do you have abdominal pain, vomiting, or distention?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ive got a post oppertive herina on my left side which spilt some years ago. ive felt this coming on for a long time i only go a little bit im getting full and i dont want my hernia to burst i take 3/4 senacot daily still wont move

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. With symptoms of constipation and abdominal distension, and also your past history, this could be due to intestinal obstruction. Hence I would suggest going to the emergency immediately and have the necessary investigations done. With prompt medical care, intestinal obstruction often can be successfully treated. Take care. Please rate the with a positive rating. Thanks.