Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

On saturday i could feel a lump under my skin by my belly button

Customer Question

On saturday i could feel a lump under my skin by my belly button it was painful and hard, today a very smelly discharge is coming from my belly button what should i do
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for the question.Its seems like you are having infection in your belly button. The lump might be abscess most probably caused by bacterial infection. You need to have a physical examination by your GP and if its bacterial infection and abscess you should take antibiotics and may need drainage of an abscess. Meanwhile you can take acetaminophen or ibuprofen to relieve the pain and inflammation.Let me know if you need any further information.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.