Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am using salt to get rid of fleas and I am feeling unwell

I am using salt to get rid of fleas and I am feeling unwell as I have left the salt down longer than time recommended
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer,

What symptoms are you having? Which product did you use? For how long did you use and what was recommended?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Feeling nausea and dizzy used table salt for 72 hrs instead of 24 hrs

Dear customer, Who recommended the salt to you? Where did you get the directions? Where did you apply? Do you have any other symptom such as fever, abdominal pain, or diarrhea? Is anyone else in your family having similar symptoms? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got information on the internet have applied all over my home no one else has any symptoms

Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Basically on the internet the information is not consistent and different websites recommend various duration for leaving the salt. According to the below linked article the recommendation is up to 48 hours. And they say that for heavy flea’s infestation, it is recommended to keep salt for several days. http://howtogetridoffleasinthehouse.blogspot.in/2014/08/33-tips-How-does-salt-kill-fleas-does-salt-really-work-to-get-rid-of-fleas.html Hence your symptoms may be unrelated to the salt, unless you have ingested it. These could be due to many other causes such as food poisoning or viral gastroenteritis. However if the symptoms continue for another day, or if additional symptoms such as vomiting or abdominal pain occur then please consult your doctor. Take care.