Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I was knocked off my bike earlier this afternoon. Besides a

I was knocked off my bike earlier this afternoon. Besides a little bruising and a slight headache I have now developed ringing in both ears. I hit my head on the concrete but I only realised that when i saw a small scuff mark on the helmet. I wasnt knocked out and no other symptoms. I have had titinnus before but should i be worried?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Tinnitus or ringing in the ears can be experienced due to the concussion you suffered.This does not suggest bleeding in the brain as you do not notice any blood from your ear canal.Due to the sudden impact to the nerves carrying the sensation from the ear, ringing sensation is experienced.Dizziness also may be experienced as well.These symptoms will gradually improve over time.You will need to take adequate rest, avoid any strenuous physical activities for at lest 2 weeks.You should also see your GP for a clinical evaluation.This is recommended for any head trauma from sports activities.So although not concerning please watch out for any worsening symptoms like sudden severe headache, black outs, vomiting, severe dizziness.These symptoms will warrant local hospital visit for a brain scan. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate myresponse Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have read different opinions online. Some saying this is a bad sign and others saying it will pass. So you think that this is because of the sudden jarring of my head and the bang and nothing to worry about? I have no sore point on my head so is this a good thing? My headache isnt too bad either

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
That is correct.Since you do not have any other serious symptoms as I listed above, this is not concerning.However, you should see your GP as well as I suggested earlier. Best wishes and get well soon,