Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Last Monday I started getting pains in my left side, it gradually

Customer Question

Last Monday I started getting pains in my left side, it gradually got worse and by Friday I was crying with the pain as I couldn't breath properly, the deeper I was breathing the more painful it was, I saw my GP and was prescribed anti biotics, my urine sample was clear, lungs sounded ok, but i was running a fever and my pulse and heart rate were fast so he wasn't quite sure what it could be but thought possibly small pockets/sacks coming away from my lungs? I'm not sure what he called it but decided to treat me for that. To begin with the tablets were helping but I feel as though the pain is getting worse again, I'm pale and can't seem to stop drinking and just want to sleep. Do you have any idea what it can be? I'm abit scared as I'm a heavy smoker- as in-put 1 out-light another!!?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. While this could be bronchitis, with the pain and the fever you might have pneumonia so I would suggest you see your doctor again for a chest x-ray and you may need a different course of antibiotics like Augmentin Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been feeling very light headed too and when I cough or even yawn the pain is bad, is there anything else this can be or do you think it could be as serious as your diagnosis?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It's sounding more and more like pneumonia Lesley and you definitely need to see your doctor again. Let me know how that goes and please remember to rate my service to you