Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had knee replacement 5 weeks ago and suffering lower back

Customer Question

i had knee replacement 5 weeks ago and suffering lower back pain since canot sleep with it had needle in back could it cause this pain never before suffered from it and will it go away what would u sugest
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--are you saying you had an epidural injection in your spine? Have you had an MRI of your back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
got no answer
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
The other expert asked if you had an epidural during surgery.
And if you have had an MRI scan of the lower back.
These are essential questions for you to answer for us to give you a good answer.
This is a back and forth format.
Can you answer?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--before I give you an answer it need some information first. Can you please answer the questions I asked Mary?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i did not have mri it was a spinal anaesthetic i had

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. You shouldn't be having this kind of back pain after the spinal needle and there may have been an injury to a nerve root with the injection. You need to see your GP for an MRI of the lumbar spine to see exactly what's going on here and you will need to see a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist for a hands on treatment program

Let me know if you need more information please